Pages

January 05, 2009

Lost

I had another idea for today's blog but with a sudden change of heart and some writers block. I have decided to share something else not of my own. This is a song written and recorded by my good buddy. I like the words and it is a pretty good tune too. As dear Copeland says: "Sing with your head up with your eyes closed;
not because you love the song,because you love to sing."
__________________________________________________
Lost
Listen, Princess, as I tell a story; a story that you probably know quite well.
About a silver knight who searched for glory because in love with your own self he fell.
This knight was confident and he was noble - these were the traits that caught your royal eye.
He said, "My lady, I will give you all I'm able. I give up all I have if you'll be mine."
He was lost. He would fight for you despite the cost. He would prove himself to you because of love.
Our knight knew that he couldn't get you easy; a princess is a bride that must be won.
He knew that he must go and slay a dragon if you could ever his darling become.
He rode through meadows and through jagged mountains until he came upon to dragon's cave.
He was terrified but still drew closer, trusting that his love would keep him safe.
He was lost.
He would fight for you despite the cost.
He would prove himself to you because of love.
The months passed by with no sign of our hero; the people soon forgot that he was gone.
And you, my lady, gave your love to others.
There's nothing left of that knight but this song.
He was lost, his body left up somewhere in the rocks.
He would never be with you.
He lost his love because of love.

Listen to the song here

No comments: