I was at the doctors office awhile back. I like my doctor. He's cares not only for your physical well-being but also your mental well-being. The majority of his conversation to you isn't about how to eat better or exercise regularly but rather it is about how your parents love you no matter what and no matter what you do to not be afraid to call them. He tells you not to waste such glorious opportunities you have at this great time in life.
I told him a little bit about my first year at college and how I transferred back home from Baylor to Bethel, or the BU switch. He said what everyone else says,"Good for you, Bethel is a great school." He went back to his time at college and how it's ok not to be sure about things. How it is ok to switch and go to a place where you are more comfortable.
The thing that got to me was when he said, "It's part of the adventure that you went down there, and it's part of the adventure that you came back."
Adventure. I never have thought of life as an adventure but after thinking about it for awhile it is a true thing. That's why everyones' story is unique and our your life story is not boring.
I could never write about what is going to happen in my life. The adventure holds things around the corner and places yet to be visited. Experiences that have yet to be uncovered. Uncharted grounds will be explored and conquered. Tastes yet to be found. Love will be found, lost, destroyed, crushed, lifted, and embraced. Tears will fall like waterfalls and friends will be there in support like the roots of a tree.
I don't think God intended life to be a perfectly planned out calendar. I think He meant to put in those little surprises, those little bumps in the road. Yet another little thing to put into my every day realizations that God is present. Turn over stones, unlock hidden places, and explore every nook and cranny of life. God put us on this amazing playground where the adventure can take place. We're all in amazing moments in this adventure called life, go explore it.
No comments:
Post a Comment